Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day



For Labor Day we had a pretty fun day. At least Skyli and I did, Zach had football practice all day until 5 that night. Sky and I missed him, but we still had some fun. That morning we went to the parade with the Whettstones, Lunds, and Vanessa Graff (she's our next door neighbor whose husband was at practice too). It was a very interesting parade. It was over in about 10 minutes.
There were a lot of firetrucks. They were most of the parade.
This is VMI's (Virginia Military institute) pipe band. They were pretty cool.
And that's about it. They had the high school cheerleaders and an SVU float and I think that was about it. Oh, and a group of horses. The governor of Virginia was there with his perfect hair. He was walking on the sidelines shaking hands.
After the parade and football practice we got together with some friends for a bbq!
Zach and Taylor Garner in the Boise State shirts, Vanessa and Justin Graff next to Skyli, and Jake Whittaker and soon to be Kristen Whittaker across from Skyli. (Zach and Jake are quarterbacks, and Justin is the defensive back coach)
I'm pretty sure that she mostly ate cheetos. Aw well....at least she ate something?
Feeding daddy cheetos. I love watching them interact! It's so cute! I love my family!
Taylor's Zach and Skyli were waiting to dump the bucket of ice water on our Zach. Everytime Taylor's Zach would tell her ssshhhhhh she would giggle and laugh really loud. It was so funny. Skyli calls him Taylor's Zach because we told her her daddy's name is Zach too. She's called him Taylor's Zach since our first day here.
And he chickened out. He just threw the splash balls at him instead.
Sky thought it was so funny! She loved getting daddy wet!
She had so much fun playing with water! We had a fun Labor Day! We have made some great friends since we've been here!

1 comment:

  1. We so know the Garner's too! They used to live in the apartment above us. We'd all watch movies together on their huge TV. It's a small world I suppose. I'm glad you guys had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete