Ok, so I need to vent! I have not been able to sleep lately because of something that keeps happening. The westboro baptist church is a church that claims God is punishing the United States for putting up with homosexuality by killing the troops. They hold signs like "Thank God for Dead Soliders" and others that I won't repeat. One lady even tied the flag to her leg and was stepping all over it! How disgusting! There isn't a word that could accurately describe the anger and resentment that I feel when I see these things! I hope I never ever run into one of them because I don't know if I can restrain myself from causing some trouble. There is so much that I want to say to them. They say that they're using their rights to freedom of speech. How do they think they got that right? Who do they think is protecting that right today?
That chuch goes to fallen hero's funerals and protests. They chand and yell vulgar and repulsive things. This sickens me! There are so many things I want to say to themm! I wish there was a way to make them stop! This is so disrespectful! I went to their website and emailed them my complaints. I saw so many things that made my blood boil! The only thing that brings me a small bit of comfort is, the God that they say is punishing the military will be punishing them one of these days. The killer part is that our men and women of the Armed Forces are protecting them, the very ones who are the most undeserving, and are proud to do it! That just goes to show the character of these two different groups.
That chuch goes to fallen hero's funerals and protests. They chand and yell vulgar and repulsive things. This sickens me! There are so many things I want to say to themm! I wish there was a way to make them stop! This is so disrespectful! I went to their website and emailed them my complaints. I saw so many things that made my blood boil! The only thing that brings me a small bit of comfort is, the God that they say is punishing the military will be punishing them one of these days. The killer part is that our men and women of the Armed Forces are protecting them, the very ones who are the most undeserving, and are proud to do it! That just goes to show the character of these two different groups.
I have to give a shout out to the Patriot Riders! They are my heros too! They travel miles and miles to block the view of the protestors from the grieving families. They also play their patriotic music loudly and rev their bikes to drown out the chanting. I love the Patriot Riders! They have my utmost respect. To the Patriot Riders I would like to say thank you for all that you do!
To those of you who think that we don't need this war, I disagree. We need to be there! We've already aggitated the Taliban and if we pull out now they'll just be right back over here terrorizing us. This makes it our fight. We shouldn't give up now. What would have happened if our founding fathers gave up? This is my opinion and I know that not everyone will agree with me. I respect different opions, but I don't respect people not supporting our troops! The military men and women believe they are fighting to keep us safe from terrorists, and to help a people that are less fortunate. They deserve our support! I love the quote, "If you don't stand behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them!"
I want all of you to think about all that has been sacrificed in your behalf when you look up at an American flag. Don't take this gorgeous symbol for granted! HONOR IT!!!! Put your hand over your heart in a reverent manner. Thank a veteran for their service. They have given so much for so little! Some of them have even given all. I will never forget the men who walked beside my Zachary that have fallen. Every time I see a flag waving I think of them. RIP Lance Corporal Nigel Olsen and Lance Corporal Carlos Aragon. I will never forget you or your sacrifice! You are amazing men and hold my utmost respect!
I love the United States of America! This deployment has taught me so much! I have realized how much I have taken for granted and how much I have ignored. Please join with me in raising patriotism! The westboro baptist church needs to be stopped! If anyone knows of a way that we can help stop them, please let me know. If you want to email them go to (this is no joke either, it's really their website) godhatesfags.com. Becareful when on their website. They say some horrid things! Thanks for your help! GOD BLESS THE USA!!!!!!
P.S. This pastor rocks!
UGH they make me SO ANGRY I wrote them this:
ReplyDelete"If we find you to be asking foolish and unlearned questions, making comments not worth response, or being generally profane, we will not respond."
You honestly think that all the things you are saying and doing AREN'T profane?
The same right that allows you to believe what you do, is the right that homosexuals have to live and or be in the military.
They support YOUR rights.
AND, NOT ALL MILITARY MEMBERS ARE HOMOSEXUALS.
This is a "foolish, unlearned, and generally profane." belief.
God does love everyone.
We respect God by loving his children, even and ESPECIALLY the mixed up and wayward ones.
My husband, is out there in the middle of the desert of afghanistan while men die all around him protecting people like you?
It makes me ashamed.
LOVE
JACQUELINE COCHRAN
Those people disgust me! I completely agree with you.
ReplyDeleteWow! I've heard of them and they are horrible. I remember reading an article about them and saw that was their website, which is just horrible. God loves all of His children, even their sorry pathetic selves.
ReplyDeleteI don't believe God punishes us in this life. That is what the after life is for. If he did punish us I don't think he'd kill our troops to punish us for homosexuals. The military is one of the last places homosexuals are welcome. How can they even connect the two?
This group is so confused on who God is and what He wants for all of us. Just like most people do when they see their signs I'm sure they'd just ignore us if we tried to educate them.
The most I think we can do for them now is too pray for them. Pray that their hearts can be softened to all of God's children.
Thanks for posting this Megan.