Today has been a very emotional day! Today was the first of two funerals. Lance Corporal Carlos Aragon died March 1 in Afghanistan. Today we gathered together to honor this amazing young man. He was a hero! It was such a hard day, but put so many things into perspective. He fought courageously for his country. He made the ultimate sacrifice so that we, as American citizens, can enjoy freedom! He will sorely be missed by everyone, as well as his brothers in arms. He was a man of great faith and courage.
Today as I walked into the chapel I was immediately greeted by a group of Marine wives. As I sat there in the overflow area I looked around me and saw these amazing and brave women. These wives are so strong! I love everyone of them! They have all been such a blessing to me. I felt such a bond with them. As I sat in that spot I thought about how we are really a Marine Corps family and hopefully will always be. I am so thankful for all the Marine wives. I felt so blessed to be able to cry with them as we all paid our respects to Carlos and his family.
When we were at the cemetry some birds flew over in a v then started flying in these weird formations. They stayed above us for quite awhile. As the gunshots echo rippled off of the mountains I thought about how this Marine was with my husband everyday. He talked to and laughed with him often. I thought about Zach and how much I love and miss him, but I felt the pride within me start to swell. I am so proud of Zach and what he is doing. I am also so proud of Charlie Company Marines! They really are changing the world. I know that this is going to hit Zach hard and be tough for him, but I am very proud of him! I'm proud to be a part of this Marine Corps family!
Lance Corporal Carlos Aragon will be missed! Zach said that Carlos was loved by everyone! Zach said that he was such a great guy. He thought a lot of Carlos and will never forget him!
The Marines of Charlie Company need your prayers! Please fast for them and pray for them as often as you can! This has taken such a toll on us all, especially the Marines of Charlie Company, even the ones who are home for whatever reason. Please include them in your prayers as well. I am so thankful for the love and support we've been shown so far! Zach and I both can feel your prayers for us. Thank you!
Please include LCpl Aragon's and LCpl Olsen's families in your prayers as well. They need it very much right now! I was so impressed by LCpl Aragon's family! They are such great people and have such great faith. They have such a strong love for the gospel. Please pray for them! They are great people. They have raised a hero!
Thank you LCpl Aragon for your selfless service and sacrifice! We will never forget!
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-funeral-held-for-utah-marine-aragon,0,1397433.story
I am glad some of you were able to go, I send my love from a distance. I don't think I could have been half as strong as those who went. I just keep praying for understanding in why this had to happen to our guys. God bless our Charlie Company!
ReplyDelete