Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Catching Up!

On August 4 this little guy turned 5 months old! How in the world did that happen so fast?! He's getting so big! At his 4 month checkup he was 16 lbs 10 oz which is 64 percentile and 27" long which is 93 percentile! He is a big boy! He started rice cereal a few days before his checkup. He was ready! I held the spoon up to his mouth and he knew exactly what to do! He didn't even pause or hesitate with his first bite. He wanted more! He loves eating, you can tell by all of his rolls. He has rolls on his knees, wrists, toes, fingers, arms, chin, and legs. It's adorable!

He started crawling the day he turned 5 months, which made me realize just how un-baby proof we really are. I've got a lot of work to do! He is starting to become a fast crawler and he wants to get into everything he's not supposed to. I say he's crawling, but it's more like scooting because that chubby belly hardly leaves the ground. He really is a happy boy except when a camera comes out. I cannot get him to smile for the camera. He will smile up until the very second I raise the camera.

He reaches out and grabs everything then puts it in his mouth. He has also gotten very fast at doing this!  Right now his favorite thing to grab and try to eat is my hair. He loves to roll around all over on the floor and pick up different things, babbling all the while. He also loves to grab Skyli's hair. She loves to play with him, but often gets really close to him. He seizes the opportunity to then grab handfuls of her hair.

Skyli is such a great helper! She loves her brother and loves helping! She gets jealous of the attention he gets sometimes, but I think that's to be expected since she's been the only one in our lives for 4 years.  She starts soccer this week and will hopefully start either preschool or kindergarten in a few weeks. She is so smart and she comes up with the most hilarious things! I love to watch and listen to her play. The games she comes up with are so funny to listen to! She is definitely not shy and loves attention! She loves to sing and dance. She is amazing!

I know I'm way behind on blogging and I will try to catch everyone up on the happenings in the Anderson house.

No comments:

Post a Comment