Jaxton Zachary Anderson has finally joined our family and we could not be happier!!! Last Sunday, March 4, at 11:41 AM he came into this world. I wasn't having any contractions, but I had been dilated to a 4 for almost 2 weeks and 75% effaced, but no contractions. I was getting so frustrated that nothing was happening! Skyli was 3 days early and I knew that this kid was a lot bigger so I was expecting him to come at least a week early, especially since I was so dilated. My doctor suggested that we induce me on Sunday March 4, which was my exact due date. We went into the hospital at 7 AM and I started Pitocin at 8 AM and the contractions came very quickly. I got my epidural at around 9 AM, which was such a better experience than last time! My doctor came in about 9:30 and broke my water. At around 10:30 I was dilated to a 5 1/2 and at 11 I was at a 9 then 5 minutes later, a 10. Luckily my doctor walked in right after that and it was time to have a baby! It all happened pretty fast! I had to push for a bit longer than I did with Sky, but this kid was 2 lbs bigger and 4 inches longer than she was. He was 8 lbs 10 oz and 21 inches long. As he was coming out he did this swim move and popped one arm out and tried to turn. I just saw the doctor trying to keep a hold of the little guy. After he came out I asked for him so they put him right on my chest and he peed all over me, but I didn't even notice. I was so overcome with emotion. We have been waiting and waiting for this little guy for over 3 years. I don't know the reason why we had to wait so long to have him, but I do know that he was well worth the wait. When they handed him to me for the first time it was amazing! I was in love instantly! They cleaned him off while he was right on my chest and Zach cut the cord. About half an hour later the family came by and Skyli got to meet her baby brother. She was so excited! She asked to hold him about a million times and refused to leave the hospital without him. I left the hospital the next day. It has been a rough week. I forgot how hard it is to have a newborn! I wasn't able to breastfeed with Skyli, but Jaxton took right to it and eats a lot! At first I nursed him for about 20 minutes, but now he's nursing for about 3 hours! 3 hours, are you kidding me?! He eats sooo much! He's just like his daddy! We took him in Wednesday to get him circumcised, which was the saddest thing ever! I couldn't go in the room where they did the procedure, so Zach went with him. I cried while I waited all by myself in the exam room and imagined the worst. When they came back in he was asleep so I guess it couldn't have been that bad. He hasn't been very fussy at all even after that. He's a pretty good baby! I hope this week goes smoother and we figure out this nursing thing. I'm so happy to have him in my life! He is already such a joy to have, and I already know that I won't be able to tell him no. He has me wrapped around that cute little finger already! I'm so lucky and so blessed to have the husband and kids that I have! Zach was so helpful in the hospital! Actually, he has been so helpful this whole week! I appreciate and love him so very much! I am so very lucky to have been given the best of the best! Welcome to the world Jax!
Congrats you guys!! He is so cute! You can already tell Skyli is going to be such an awesome big sister!! I'm glad he's finally here :)
ReplyDeleteMegan, I'm so happy for you guys! Congratulations! He's beautiful and you did great!
ReplyDeleteOn the nursing for hours thing, Benji did that and it turned out I wasn't producing enough milk so he was always hungry. I suggest you check with your pediatrician as soon as you can. They may have you suppliment with formula (that's what happened with Benji) or maybe see if you can get (borrow or rent) an electric pump. I got one when I had Lindy and it helped me produce more and nurse for months longer than I did with the other kids without using formula. Good luck!
He is adorable! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteGrace was a perpetual nurser!!!!! She wanted to eat all day and because I didn't take enough breaks and I didn't drink enough water I lost my milk and had to do formula. I was pretty bummed! Your little guy is gorgeous and look at all that hair??!!!! Holy cow! Congrats again I am so incredibly happy for you guys.
ReplyDeleteyay! congrats-he looks so sweet!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Your family is beautiful!
ReplyDelete