Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Coming to Our Family March 4, 2012

After 2 1/2 years of trying we are finally pregnant!!!! It was a LONG hard process! Zach and I were tested in every way possible. I had surgery in January so that we could figure out what was wrong. The doctor found nothing to be wrong. That to me was even more frustrating! How could nothing be wrong?! I heard from a few people that sometimes gluten can cause infertility, so I went off of gluten to give it a try. I was at a point where I would try anything! 2 months later BOOM, we were pregnant! I am so so so happy!

When we had been in Utah for 2 days I was really sick and I couldn't figure out why. I thought that maybe I had accidently gotten some gluten somehow. I was late for my period, but I've been late before so I didn't want to get my hopes up.....again. Zach and I went to the only store in Duchesne that's not a grocery store and I found a cheap pregnancy test. I talked Zach into buying it because when I saw the negative I would stop getting my hopes up.Yep, I really did think it would be negative. I took it early the next morning and yep, you guessed it....POSITIVE!! My family probably thought I was having tummy issues cause I sat in the bathroom for a good while checking. I read the instructions from start to finish about 10 times and kept staring the the pregnancy test. We hadn't had a positive pregnancy test in over 4 years. It threw me for a loop! Finally when it all started sinking in I ran in and jumped on Zach, who was still sleeping, with tears in my eyes. I didn't say anything but shoved it in his face. He thought it was negative and again we went over the instructions a few times to check and make sure it was positive. We've been doing this pregnancy test thing for a long time and everytime ended up in complete heart break, before I took the test I was sure it would be another heartbreak! I dropped to my knees immediately and thanked my Heavenly Father for this precious gift! I am so very thankful! My heart goes out to all of those women who are struggling with infertility. It is so unbelieveably HARD!!! I pray for them everyday.

Well, the happiness soon turned into worry because I started spotting and feeling the most intense pain ever! I was only 7 weeks when this happened so we rushed to the emergency room. We were there for a long time, but we saw our tiny little baby and our tiny little baby's heartbeat. I was so relieved! A few days later it hadn't gone away so I tried to get a doctors appointment. Only 1 doctor agreed to help me, but he only oredered another ultrasound and told me he didn't know what was going on. Zach and I both poured our hearts out in prayer, asking that this precious baby would be ok. Everything turned out to be ok and all went away when we got home to Virginia. On Friday, the same thing happened again and it lasted until Sunday, only the spotting was worse. I was panicked! I was an emotional wreck! I had to switch doctors (which is a long story in itself) and finally today I was able to meet with a doctor for the first time this pregnancy. He was awesome! He did an ultrasound and said that baby was perfectly healthy and fine. He said the everything looked fine. He said I have a tipped uterus, but that the baby would straighten it out. That could be where the pain is coming from. He said that I am doing great! I was so relieved and now I feel like I am ready to make it public. I'm not as worried about miscarriage anymore since I'm 11 weeks, but if you could spare a prayer or two for me and baby I would very much appreciate it! I am so happy and excited to do the baby thing all over again! I must admit that the thought of having 2 kids makes me a tiny bit nervous, but I'm so ready! I can't wait until March!!! Now you know our little secret! :)


The little (HUGE) baby bump! This was taken at 10 weeks. Man, I am gaining weight so much faster with this kid than I did with Skyli! Maybe it's a boy! :)

13 comments:

  1. Congrats you guys!! Oh my gosh, that is so awesome :) How exciting! I need to add you to my blog by the way. What is your email?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy everything has sorted itself out. Hopefully you'll have this baby on our birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! We'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay yay yay! I am so unbelievably happy for you guys! What a blessing :) I can't wait to see more pictures of your cute bump and family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness this is the happiest most wonderfullest news ever! I am so glad for you guys and I'll keep you in my prayers for sure for sure! How awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MEGAN!! I'm soooo excited for you!! that is the most wonderful news! congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so beautiful Megan and we are thrilled for you guys! It is so hard to read a negative sign on a pregnancy test, but what a relief you must have gone through. We will pray for you guys as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know you were pregnant! Congrats, that's so exciting. I remember you guys had been trying and it was frustrating for you...I'm so glad everything has worked out :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your happy news. You and your family will be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved reading this post and so glad the Gluten free was a success! Wasn't easy but SOO worth it!! :) SO excited that it's a boy too!!! :) I miss you guys and can't wait to see y'all in October (we plan on coming for homecoming). Keep in touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CONGRATULATIONS, Megan!! What a happy (and relieved *whew!*) ending. Don't be worried about having a 2nd baby. I was and my Grandma always reassured me in every aspect. One of the best things she told me was, "Love isn't divided, it's multiplied," and she's right! Hoping all continues to go well! :)

    ReplyDelete