A couple of weeks ago I found a small scratch on Sky's leg. It turned black and wouldn't go away. Finally she picked off the black scab and it still didn't go away! This week it got huge, red and a ton of tiny blisters showed up. I took her to the doctor today and she said that Sky has an infected spider bite on the inside of her knee. While we were there she checked her throat and found that she has strep throat too! Skyli hasn't been acting sick at all, so I was surprised to learn about the strep. The doctor said that the test was really really faint, so I would like to believe that she just came down with it and that I'm not a bad mom who ignores her kid. We were on our way to the swimming pool after we had her checked so Skyli had her swimming suit on under her clothes and everything. She was so so so sad when we told her that she couldn't go swimming after all, which resulted in 2 new toys and some icecream to reconcile. She's spoiled, I know but we can't help it! :) The doctor drew a circle around her bite and said that if it grows after Skyli had been taking antibiotics then to bring her back in. I hope that it goes away and we don't have to go back. I HATE SPIDERS!!!

so scary! guh you'll have to see if you can get the house sprayed or something... east coast bugs are gnarly.
ReplyDeleteThe gnats are solely a Buena Vista thing, I promise. (Being a Virginian, I always feel like I have to put that disclaimer out there. :) ) Not even Lexington has them! Don't judge Virginia based on this town, PLEASE! Haha. Those stupid gnats are the one reason I will NEVER end up in BV. :P I cannot even handle them.
ReplyDeleteOohh, poor sky!! That looks painful!
ReplyDelete