
I know it's been awhile since I've updated everyone, sorry. I came home from the gym last night and checked my mail. I found a thumb drive that Zach had sent me. On it were some pictures, his journal, and a cute little slideshow that he put together for me. He's so amazing! I just love him so much! I thought I would give everyone the update and put some pictures on here for you all to see. The slideshow has most of the pictures he sent me.
Zach is doing good. They are living in a tent and sleeping on cots. He said they eat MRE's for almost every meal so if anyone wants to send him a package he would really appreciate macaroni and cheese. They were on a patrol one day and came upon a sheep camp in the middle of nowhere. There were a couple of families in this camp. They insisted on sending a lamb with the Marines. They wanted them to have food. However, the lamb is too small to eat now and most of the Marines are already attached to it. They tied a red bandana around it's neck and named him Franklin. Good luck trying to eat the thing. Although, a few more months of eating MRE's and that lamb might need to run! They also traded with some kids, a soccer ball for a puppy. Now they have 2 pets, Franklin and Nixon (the puppy). They've been patrolling a lot and getting stuck a lot (as you can see from the pictures).
We appreciate all of the prayers offered in Zach's and our behalf. We can definately feel the difference it makes! Thank you all for your support!
wow i am glad to hear he is okay! how much longer does he have????
ReplyDeleteI LOVE being able to keep up on Zach through your blog - Thank you for doing it.
ReplyDeleteDo you know yet when you get him home again?
We're not sure yet, but we're hoping that he'll come home in June.
ReplyDelete