Saturday we decided to take a trip to Quantico to see the National Marine Corps Museum. On our way we took a back way which turned out to be really cool! We passed through miles of estates. They were unreal! They were HUGE! We also drove through 3 battlefields. That was pretty cool to see too! We were only about 5 miles or so away from Montpelier (James Madison's home). Next time we go to DC we're going to drive that way and see Montpelier as well as stopping at some of the battle fields.




They had a Belleau Wood mock scene. They had the woods and a movie playing about what happened during the battle.


They had a kids art gallery there and this picture made me laugh! I thought it was cute!

I thought this was a cool picture of the ceiling.
They had a Belleau Wood mock scene. They had the woods and a movie playing about what happened during the battle.
They had a kids art gallery there and this picture made me laugh! I thought it was cute!
Zach said that these were the recievers that they had in his vehicle. So I took a picture!

"Hello!"


Oorah!

These are victory medals from WWI. I thought they were really cool!




Here are some pictures of Chesty Puller and John Basilone. They were true American Hero's!



After this place they had a room that was cold representing the Frozen Chosin and a warm muggy room to represent Vietnam.

Here are some Medal of Honors. The first one is Smedley Butlers and the third one is John Basilone's.
"Hello!"
Oorah!
These are victory medals from WWI. I thought they were really cool!
Here are some pictures of Chesty Puller and John Basilone. They were true American Hero's!
After this place they had a room that was cold representing the Frozen Chosin and a warm muggy room to represent Vietnam.
Here are some Medal of Honors. The first one is Smedley Butlers and the third one is John Basilone's.
It was really awesome to be able to go see all of this! I have never been so proud to be a small part of something so amazing! I loved seeing all of the history! It really was a great experience! Thank you to all who have served this great nation, past, future, and present!
No comments:
Post a Comment